Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New year challenges and exiciting NEWS!!

Wow!  The holidays were fun and a nice break from my usual "same-ole same-ole," but now it's back to my reality of creating art -- and I couldn't be happier!

2010 will be bringing many new challenges and exciting things for me.  With the winter rush, I let my studio and workspace get extremely messy and disorganized.  I think my first priority once I get the rest of my house straight is to get all my stuff put up and reorganized.  Second, I am on a new diet that is supposed to help prevent lupus flares.  So far, I have been energized and I'm starting to feel a difference - albeit small, it's still a difference nonetheless. 

Also, I would like to give an update on the Artisans Center grand opening.  I can sum it up in one word - YAY!!!  I will be working with the rest of the board to finish scheduling classes and workshops.  I foresee grand things for the future of this marvelous endeavor.  This would certainly not be possible if it wasn't for Christina Chastain's vision to allow the arts to flourish in our community.  The Artisans Center will bring a necessary vitality to Main Street Lancaster!

Finally, last but certainly not least, I have been accepted as a member of the 2010 EK Success Creative Artist Team for jewelry design.  I don't know where this path will take me, but I know that I am ready and willing to accept this journey and all the good things that come along with it.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Heather! Much continued health and success to you in the New Year. :) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I wish you success with these wonderful new paths. This will be an amazing year...it already feels that way.
    xox Rella

    ReplyDelete