Monday, September 21, 2009

What is in a product name???


I consume the informatin in the Etsy forums about bettering our shops... Some buyers like creative names for merchandise, but does that get you in Google search results? I've been studying and reading and more studying and more reading and watching podcasts and webcasts and any other kind of cast out there...


Although I am not an expert on the subject by any means I have decided that I am going to take the advice of the more successful sellers on Etsy: Practice makes perfect! Experiment with trial and error to find the best way to market your shop.


I signed up for Google Base this weekend in order to get the hang of it and learn from the reports before Etsy takes over the task and enters our merchandise in Google Base for me. By having access to the results myself for a period of time, I can learn the steps necessary to get more page views of my products - and perhaps increase my sales.


From everything that I have read, Google Base uses our product names - not our Etsy tags - in their search query results. So, in the middle of everything that I have to do today, I have decided to take time to rename all 80ish art jewelry items in my shop, re-upload the Google Base feed and see if that changes things. I'll keep you posted on how it turns out. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment