Monday, September 14, 2009

A new medium... Inspiration or perspiration?

This weekend I took on a task which required me to work in a medium that I am unfamiliar with - crystals and beads. I know that I use crystals in many of my projects, but not a project complete with crystals, sparkle, glam and innovation. I had to create something that I had never created before - something that required lots of thought and research. I had to draw out the plan first before I created in order to make sure that I had enough materials.

Don't get me wrong. I love beads and beading. However, creating jewelry with few or no metal components is really challenging. I am always tossing a chain in a project or using something recycled. I love gaudy jewelry. I love big and flamboyant pieces of wearable art that will reveal what is hidden deep in my soul.

I created two pieces of jewelry for a submission that I cannot discuss nor show pictures of... This is the hard part because I love the feedback from my friends and colleagues. Perhaps it is my narcissitic nature that comes with being a Sagittarius. I don't know. Rest assured, they meet my quality standards and need for flamboyance.

Thought for the day: Do something outside your comfort level. You will rise to the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment