Monday, September 21, 2009

Google Base update!

As of five o'clock today, I noticed in the Google reporting for Google Base (say that three times really fast!) that my impressions and page views have picked up... some. I renamed ALL 80ish of my items and realized that cute, artistic inspired names are just not what gets Google search query results.

When naming your item, for Etsy or anywhere else, think of how your customer would search for what they want to buy. For instance, my necklace posted in the last blog was titled "Minerva's Garden" - well who would actually search for that online??? It doesn't even exist. So, I changed the name to "Garden of Good and Evil necklace with turquoise and crystal" and it has gotten several more views in just a few minutes.

I am glad that my jewelry will be getting views after the first twenty minutes it was listed. I will be working to monitor this all day tomorrow as well. Don't worry, I will keep you posted!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the advice! I will definitely keep that in mind with my items!
    And thanks for the heart on Etsy :)

    ReplyDelete