Sunday, August 2, 2009

Jack the Dripper - Jackson Pollock still inspires me...



Jackson Pollock is one of my favorite modern artists. In fact, I literally become overjoyed at the thought of one of his paintings. Actually, the truth is, I become insanely excited at the thought of seeing or touching one -- yet, I know that touching is out of the question -- the museum would cart me off in cuffs. The closest that I can come is to create my own Jackson Pollock inspired paintings.
I created this small necklace using a technique that is called a "controlled drip" that Jackson Pollock perfected at a MUCH LARGER scale. After I dripped my paint on my canvas, I guided the drips into different directions using the edge of a blunt metal knife. After that, I used a wire hair pick to pull through the paint. That caused the "pulled" look.
This necklace is for sale in my Etsy shop and has had over 20 views since I uploaded it ten minutes ago. This is a boost for my ego because I have items in the shop that have been there a month and have less views than that. Please note that I can create custom ordered canvas necklaces with your favorite color palette. I hope to hear from you soon :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment