Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Number five in Seven Deadly Sins of Womanhood - Homewrecker


Here it is in all it's splendor sitting on a pedastal at Chastain's Studio Lofts. This was a very personal addition to my womanhood series... I felt much of the pain all over again as I created it.

Homewrecker. The definition of the woman (er... women) who aided in the ruin of my first marriage. Well, shoot! I'm better off. I know this. My fabulously supportive and extremely hot husband knows this. Everyone who knows me, knows this is a fact. I have one question: Why did it hurt so badly to create this piece of art?

My home was wrecked in 1997. My life (as I knew it) was over. I was destroyed - but like a phoenix I rose from the ashes to become a new woman... a stronger woman! I take pride in what I have become since 1997. I am a mother. I am a wife. I am an artist. I am.... ME! I am a stronger woman because of the other woman - the homewrecker.

I tried to hate her; however, it seemed to consuming - time, energy, money, life. She gave me an unwanted gift that I am actually grateful for - the rest of my life to live!! So even though I fully believe that homewrecking is WRONG - my homewrecker empowered me. This is a tribute to her - the woman who used all of her powers of feminism for EVIL.




No comments:

Post a Comment